ABOUT THE CLIENT
Based in San Francisco, BitGym is a Californian startup which develops motion and exercise games for mobile platforms. BitGym transforms cardiovascular-exercise into an exciting & addictive experience by:
- creating an immersive and interactive environment
- using augmented reality to build social realism & engagement
- employing advanced connectivity & real-time analytics to track & manage progress
The BitGym platform was selected among the best Apple applications in the “Health and Fitness” category and the company recently announced the beginning of a technological collaboration with Samsung’s Mobile division: the BitGym technology will be at the heart of the new “Connected Fitness” digital platform.
Pentalog has set up a dedicated team of 4 people in Hanoi to develop the Bike trainer app for iOS and Android mobile phones, also compatible with tablets.
BITGYM required the analysis, design and implementation of the following features within tight deadlines:
- Coaching on work-out routines,
- Interactive components: checkpoints, bonuses or other components while taking a tour,
- Extending the number of tours (currently 50 tours available and more added regularly),
- Social components: a “multiplayer” mode, which allows to keep in touch with persons around the globe,
- Better integration with social networks,
- Capability to save the work-outs to fitness trackers,
- Improved GUI and visual experience.
The project was carried out in an agile mode with the following structure:
- Product owner and Scrum Master on Bitgym side,
- Development team and project director on Pentalog side.