ABOUT THE CLIENT
Socrative is a US start-up company specialized in e-learning and founded by a team of educators, entrepreneurs and engineers. They developed a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games running on smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
Over the 2012-2013 school year, Socrative saw 116 million questions answered and 278K quizzes created and shared across 3.2 million individual teacher and student users.
E-learning platform, student response system developed in Python/Django
Since December 2013, Socrative has entrusted a Pentalog team made up of 2 people (extension to come soon) with the development of the new version of its b.socrative.com platform, a cloud-based student response system developed in Python/Django. This e-learning tool is available via the Web or mobile apps for iOS and Android that allows teachers to create and distribute quizzes and conduct polls in class.
The application is based on the Python/Django platform and its main features are:
- Creating and sharing different types of quizzes (including true/false, multiple choice, graded short answer or short response) during class
- Defining a room and invite students to participate
- Having students competing against each other, view leader boards, or display live results
- Disrupting the classical way to teach
- Integration with Google Apps for Education
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
By identifying the adequate resources able to quickly and efficiently intervene in this new field, Pentalog has managed to meet Socrative’s requirements in terms of both human commitment and responsiveness.
The team uses the Agile (SCRUM) methodology with short delivery cycles (1 week), which allows Socrative to quickly implement the new features of the new platform.