Big Data DevOps Engineer, Bucharest
Spring is just around the corner, as new opportunities at Pentalog Bucharest seem to blossom. For instance, our client, a multinational telecom corporation with French roots, is looking for a Big Data DevOps Engineer with 3+ years of experience in working with Cloudera.
As a Big Data DevOps, you will need to deploy, maintain/operate, test and evaluate big data solutions within the organization, while integrating solutions with the architecture used across the company.
Find out how NOT to fail when applying DevOps practices.
For this Big Data DevOps Engineer position, you will need the following skills:
- Knowledge in configuring & troubleshooting all the components in the Hadoop ecosystem like Cloudera, Cloudera Manager, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, YARN, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Flume, Spark, Spark standalone, Kafka (incl. Kafka Connect), Apache Kudu, Cassandra, HBase;
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to Hadoop Administration tasks (upgrades, patching, service installation and maintenance);
- Understand Hadoop’s Security mechanisms and implement Hadoop Security (Apache Sentry, Kerberos, Active Directory, TLS/SSL);
- Understand the role of Certificate Authorities, the setup of Certificates and their configuration in relation to Linux and TLS/SSL;
- Intermediate programming/scripting skills. Ideally in Java or Python and Ksh/Bash;
- Understanding of networking principles and ability to troubleshoot (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP);
- Exposure to Agile/DevOps process and approaches;
- Good level of English.
You’re a great asset, if you possess:
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, git/scm, Atlassian Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket) Jenkins/TeamCity, Docker and Kubernetes (highly appreciated);
- Experience in scripting for automation requirement. (e.g. scripting via Shell, Python, Groovy etc);
- A work ethic that allows you to continuously improve the DevOps pipeline and tooling.
Do Agile and DevOps go hand in hand? We certainly believe so!
At Pentalog, you will find:
- All the support you need to bring your creative and innovative ideas to life;
- A professional, friendly and multicultural working environment;
- Mandatory’ team buildings to find out how great your colleagues really are;
- A company with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- Full access to a ‘sport culture’ deeply implemented in the company and maintained through: running, cycling, tennis, football, hiking etc.;
- Competitive salaries and bonuses;
- Meal tickets & Private Health Insurance;
- Foreign language courses, training sessions and certifications;
- A front-row seat to various workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.
Come meet us! We are:
Pentalog, a digital leader whose platform offers a one-stop shop of IT services that disrupts traditional value chains. Our company is operating in Romania, France, UK, Germany, Moldova, Vietnam, USA and Mexico.
We employ over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural environment. Here, your talents & ambitions are recognized and rewarded, while you have plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual and as a professional.