Data Engineer, Bucharest/ Brasov/ Cluj-Napoca/ Iasi/ Chisinau
Job no longer available
We are on a lookout for a data enthusiast with knowledge to spare and a hands-on attitude, in short: a Data Engineer.
Our impressive client is a notable figure of the world wide web, a user-generated platform dedicated to travel that has been around for over 20 years. Because it is a data-driven company, the client needs to expand their data engineering team comprised of experts, in order to continue its great business streak.
The Data Engineer position calls for a proactive person, with great technical and communication skills, that can help leverage the massive amount of collected data; this will aid our client in better understanding and guiding their traveling customers to their desired leisure experience.
- Help build data marts, traffic models, business models;
- Analyze the way in which customers use the company’s website/ app;
- Help leverage the significant internal resources used for data mining and machine learning, in order to build more user-generated content;
- Analyze data, ensure it is clean and correct;
- Provide the data to other departments;
- Solve important business problems that depend on “big data” analysis;
- Coordinate your data team to find creative solutions to business problems.
Requirements for the Data Engineer:
- 3+ years of work experience as a Data Engineer;
- Solid RDBMS operational knowledge with outstanding SQL skills;
- Ability to transform raw, noisy log level data into useful business fact tables;
- Solid database design skills;
- ETL expertise;
- Experience in working with algorithms and data structures;
- In-depth technical experience with data technologies such as Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Map/Reduce), Spark, Kafka/Samza;
- General software and programming experience (mostly Java, but also Python, Bash), as well as the ability to navigate the codebase with ease;
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs;
- Experience with data-related problem solving (on your own/ as a coordinator);
- Ability to work in a very dynamic way;
- Ability to coordinate the work of domain experts (work effectively with product engineering and data analysts);
- A responsible, person who takes pride in his/her work and loves data and is not afraid to show it;
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment (especially Kanban);
- Excellent English language skills.
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- Flexible work schedule, with one day of WFH/week;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
About our company:
Pentalog’s business model focuses on providing an IT Services Platform (software development, digital marketing, IT recruitment and financing) that cover the entire scope of digital challenges a company of any size can encounter.
Our customers come from various locations worldwide and are blue chips, new leaders, as well as startups seeking for new IT dev spots and true marketing technologists.