Database Administrator (MS SQL), Bucharest/ Chisinau
Job no longer available
Think big – think of one the largest travel and restaurant platforms in the world.
Now imagine working on a project for this company, as an MS SQL Database Administrator. Exciting yet?
Our client, who relies on user-generated content, wants to provide a unique experience for its online visitors and employees. Join us in the challenge of helping this company achieve its goal!
We cannot wait to get back to our offices and have face-to-face interaction with our peers! Still, we’re aware of the need to continue with the team building activities.
Your responsibilities as a Database Administrator:
- Create stored procedures, views, functions, tables, and ensure their stability, reliability, and performance;
- Design, develop, and maintain SSRS reports based on user requirements;
- Write and optimize SQL statements for data access and retention;
- Test databases for performance, fine-tune when necessary;
- Collaborate with developers on database design, query tuning, and schema refinement;
- Respond to feedback from users regarding performance and work with developers to improve the performance of queries and indexes;
- Tune T-SQL queries and stored procedures to improve performance and sustainability;
- Provide support for the deployment of database scripts in development, test, pre-production, and production environments;
- Monitor database performance parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Review and learn about the data structures and data storage of company applications;
- Complete all the assigned training programs and participate in all team activities like sprints and project planning;
- Continually focus on updating technical knowledge and skills.
You have the following skill set:
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL DBA or similar role;
- Experience in some (or all) of the following: operational database management, database architecture, database warehousing and reporting, data analysis;
- Proficiency with: SQL, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, RDBMS, Cloud based technologies;
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server;
- Familiarity with the practical application of New SQL databases;
- Very good level of English.
Your job perks:
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- Flexible work schedule, with one day of WFH/week;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
After working from home for more than 2 months – here’s our take from this telecommuting experience.
Pentalog is a digital leader whose platform offers a digital one-stop shop of services that disrupts traditional value chains. Our company is operating internationally in Romania, France, Mexico, Moldova, UK, Vietnam, USA and Germany.
We employ over 1,100 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment, where talents and ambitions are recognized and rewarded. Here, you will have plenty of opportunities to develop, both as an individual and as a professional.