DevOps Engineer, Cluj-Napoca
Pentalog is always trying to break new ground, which is also true about our Pentalog Cluj office. Here, we have a new DevOps Engineer job opportunity just waiting to be picked up by an Agile software development & operations specialist.
Our client is an entertainment company with US-roots and offices all around the world. They are known for having developed a tech platform providing high-quality video experiences based on the latest technology, for a passionate public.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will join a DevOps team of agility-driven professionals, responsible for building and maintaining the company’s platform that offers worldwide videos to anime fans. Your team will work with a larger engineering group to enable rapid development and iteration of new features for the platform.
What you’ll do as a DevOps Engineer:
- Maintain and improve the systems infrastructure and application development platform;
- Maintain, improve, and develop best practices for building scalable, reliable services;
- Identify and understand existing system architecture and design projects to improve it;
- Build and configure automation and internal tools to support infrastructure and development teams;
- Maintain and improve our configuration management tools;
- Ensure operational best practices by working closely with the development and engineering teams.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Linux/Unix systems administration;
- Experience with AWS and other Cloud related IaaS;
- Solid communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex systems;
- Proven ability to innovate new ideas and projects to automate existing and legacy systems;
- Experience with deployments and resolving issues quickly;
- Experience with Chef, Jenkins, and other systems automation technologies;
- Proven ability to support a service-oriented architecture;
- Experience with centralized logging stacks such as ELK;
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git and writing version control system hooks;
- Strong knowledge of modern monitoring and graphing systems;
- Solid understanding of current web and Internet technologies like NGinx, Redis, MariaDB, DNS, and CDNs;
- Working knowledge of AWS CloudFormation and Terraform (would be a definite plus).
At Pentalog, you will find:
- Integration in a community with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- Challenging projects and the opportunity to work within both a professional and friendly environment;
- A ‘team-building policy’, reinforced with the help of various sports events (running, football, biking etc);
- Meal tickets and Private Health Insurance;
- A flexible schedule that includes one day of work-from-home/week
- Training sessions, certifications and foreign language courses;
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.
Pentalog’s business model focuses on providing an IT Services Platform (software development, digital marketing, IT recruitment and financing) that cover the entire scope of digital challenges a company of any size can encounter.
Our customers come from various locations worldwide and are blue chips, new leaders as well as startups seeking for new IT dev spots and true marketing technologists.
Discover more of our DevOps job offers: