GIS Engineer, Bucharest/ Brasov/ Cluj-Napoca/ Iasi/ Chisinau
Pentalog gives new opportunities every day and offers each prospective member of our team the chance to grow and develop oneself, in many ways & various fields of interest. That is why, we are pleased to announce our most recent job opening: GIS Engineer.
When it comes to our client, you have to think about the biggest travel platform in the world, one that allows you to leave comments regarding your holiday, accommodation, restaurants, places you’ve visited etc. For this super project, we are looking for a type of cartographer who can make geocoding successful, loves data and gets his inspiration from traveling.
Our client’s goals are to offer their customers the chance to release the greatest potential from their holiday experience, and we are here to aid in achieving those targets, with the help of an Agile-driven team.
Your mission will be to:
- Make maps and customize Geographic Information System applications;
- Prepare charts, graphs, drawings and other visual aids used in presentations;
- Maintain the library of maps and related databases;
- Collect geographical and spatial information;
- Analyze geographic data collected;
- Compile data from surveys and images;
- Update existing maps.
Job requirements for the GIS Engineer position:
- Experience in GIS;
- Prior experience with geocoding, geocoding data, or address data;
- Knowledge of NodeJS, ES (OSM is a plus);
- Solid background in Computer Science and programming ;
- Experience designing maps;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Teamwork experience;
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies;
- Self-motivated, proactive attitude;
- Good English language skills.
Your resume so far is topnotch, but one of the following would really make it stand out:
- BSc in Computer Science, Information system, GIS or related field;
- License as a GIS Engineer (not mandatory, but nice to have);
- Experience in fieldwork (would be great);
- Know-how when it comes to designing maps and navigation systems for mobile phones;
- Previous work experience with commercial data.
What we have in store for you:
- A work place where your ideas and opinions really matter, where the solutions and innovations you come up with are put on the table and discussed;
- Being part of the community that implements the Agile methodology, through continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- A multicultural, professional, but really friendly work environment;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Competitive salary and bonuses;
- Great colleagues that both challenge and support you;
- A healthier way of life in a company that takes sports seriously: football, tennis, biking, mountaineering, running.
- A front-row seat to workshops, presentations, training & knowledge sharing sessions that tackle multiple IT-related topics;
- Foreign language courses.
Pentalog, a global full-stack IT service platform designed to support digital and tech businesses throughout their product lifecycle:
design, development, marketing, and funding. We apply Agile, Lean, and DevOps best practices to help clients build up product value.