Java Developer job, ALL LOCATIONS
Pentalog is searching for an experienced Java Developer willing to join the ranks for one of our coolest clients!
We are currently developing a project for a well-known international company, one of the largest travel-dedicated platforms in the world. Our client aims to offer travelers the chance to obtain the best holiday experience.
The company has a number of innovative projects and has its own Dependency Injection framework. The project you will be working on sports the following tech stack:
- Java 11, Gradle, JAX-RS (Jersey);
- Docker, Kubernetes, Memcached, Redis;
- Database: PostgreSQL;
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana;
- Log analysis: Flume;
- CI/CD tool: GitLab;
- Testing: TestNG, Mockito.
As a Java Developer, you will be part of an Agile team working on creating the fast, easily accessible and faultless user experience our client has requested. Your team will be responsible for managing some of the most foundational elements of the codebase.
The project needs a talented and dedicated software engineer to help with the modernization process for the fundamentals of our client’s platform. In this position, you will write and manage some of the tools and data that allow our client to remain a successful business. Your day-to-day job will include collaborating with engineering leaders in the company, participating in design and architecture discussions, and helping to keep things going. You will also work with external vendors (some of the biggest names in the business).
- Work closely with the engineering, product and design teams to refine features;
- Be responsible for code quality, providing actionable feedback to other developers;
- Participate in design and architecture development of new features;
- Perform day to day monitoring of the data pipeline;
- Perform fixes and deployments, as necessary;
- Assist with code & infrastructure migrations;
- Ensure the pipeline aligns with business needs and the larger organization infrastructure;
- Work with product managers and other business units to identify and remove deprecated processes;
- Work on enhancements that further automate the data pipeline;
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- 3+ years of experience in Java technologies
- Very good back-end experience (MySQL, NoSQL, PSQL);
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OO and Functional Design;
- Development experience with Spring MVC and Hibernate;
- Experience working in a Linux server environment;
- Knowledge of Linux and other related open source technos, like Apache, Tomcat, PostGreSQL, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker;
- Prior experience with RESTful web services;
- A naturally curios intellectual, with a proactive attitude;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies;
- Advanced English language skills.
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- Flexible work schedule, with one day of WFH/week;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
Pentalog is a leading IT services provider, operating internationally in Romania, France, Moldova, Vietnam, Germany, the US and Mexico. The company employs over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural environment, where your talents and ambitions are recognized and rewarded and where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual and as a professional.