Java Developer job, Bucuresti/ Brasov/ Cluj-Napoca/ Iasi/ Chisinau
We are searching for an experienced Java Developer willing to join our ranks and work for one of our coolest clients!
We are currently developing a project for a well-known international company, one of the largest travel-dedicated platforms in the world. Our client’s goals are to offer travelers the chance to release the greatest potential from their experience, whether it involves restaurant choices or hotel stays. And we are here to help them achieve our client’s targets.
The company has a number of innovative projects, sporting cool technologies: Redis, Kafka, Async Messaging, In-Memory Data Stores, AlFresco Activiti, ElasticSearch, Pelias. All the new projects are containerized and use K8S hosting, combined with Cloud Services.
As a Java Developer, you will be part of an Agile team working on creating the fast, easily accessible and faultless user experience our client has requested. Your team will be responsible for managing some of the most foundational elements of the codebase.
The project needs a talented and dedicated software engineer to help with the modernization process for the fundamentals of our client’s platform. In this position, you will write and manage some of the tools and data that allow our client to remain a successful business. Your day-to-day job will include collaborating with engineering leaders in the company, participating in design and architecture discussions, and helping to keep things going. You will also work with external vendors (some of the biggest names in the business).
- Work closely with the engineering, product and design teams to refine features;
- Be responsible for code quality, providing actionable feedback to other developers;
- Participate in design and architecture development of new features;
- Perform day to day monitoring of the data pipeline;
- Perform fixes and deployments, as necessary;
- Assist with code & infrastructure migrations;
- Ensure the pipeline aligns with business needs and the larger organization infrastructure;
- Work with product managers and other business units to identify and remove deprecated processes;
- Work on enhancements that further automate the data pipeline;
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 4+ years of experience in Java technologies
- Very good back-end experience (MySQL, NoSQL, PSQL);
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, OO and Functional Design;
- Development experience with Spring MVC and Hibernate;
- Experience working in a Linux server environment;
- Prior experience with RESTful web services;
- Great interpersonal and analytical skills;
- A naturally curios intellectual, with a proactive attitude;
- Experience working with Agile methodologies;
- Advanced English language skills.
Do you think you have what it takes? Test your skills now!
Extra-skills that would impress us:
- Knowledge of React, Redux and RxJS;
- Previous working experience related to the travel industry.
- Integration in a dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- Challenging projects and a chance to work within both a professional and friendly environment;
- An Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- Team buildings with great people you’ll really want to know off-work;
- The possibility to bring your own creative and innovative ideas to life in a stable and supportive working environment;
- Development of your career plan;
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics;
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package, based on qualifications and experience;
- Private health insurance, meal tickets;
- Trainings/ certifications and language courses.
Pentalog is a leading IT services provider, operating internationally in Romania, France, Moldova, Vietnam, Germany, the US and Mexico. The company employs over 1,000 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural environment, where your talents and ambitions are recognized and rewarded and where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual and as a professional.
More about Pentalog’s values and principles.