Junior System Administrator, Cluj-Napoca
Pentalog is recruiting a Junior System Administrator to help continue our growth and improvement, in an Agile manner.
As a Junior System Administrator, you will work within the Service Desk team but you may also be involved in other project-based action. You will be required to work in a timely and efficient manner, while making sure attendance, quality and service metrics are being met.
In this position, as the first point of contact for all IT service desk incidents and requests, your main duties will involve: troubleshooting, documenting, as well as resolving IT related issues based on solutions found in the knowledge base.
Pentalog Cluj has a new home, fit for our awesome, ever-expanding teams.
What you’ll do as a Junior System Administrator:
- Provide technical support for the company’s employees/customers (local and remote);
- Investigate and solve software and hardware problems;
- Build-up, maintain IT and troubleshoot infrastructure in terms of WAN/LAN network, telephones (VoIP), audio and video conference, end user computing, printers etc;
- Manage IT assets and ensure accuracy of IT assets management;
- Build and install the new employees work environment;
- Keep our knowledge base and documentation up-to-date;
- Ensure Security team best practices application for workstation;
- Ensure functionality and organization of shared spaces and conference rooms;
- Interact with external vendors/service providers regarding repair of hardware;
- Support teams during the moves and different events (training, marketing etc.).
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Basic IT knowledge:
- Windows 7-10, Mac OS X, Windows 2008-2019 Server (ActiveDirectory, DNS/ DHCP), MS Office 2010-2019, Thunderbird;
- Networking: OSI, TCP/IP, Ethernet/Fast Ethernet, Routing, Wireless LAN, VLAN, VPN, plus networking skills such as managing network switch/firewall etc;
- Protocols: DHCP, DNS, LDAP, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP;
- Security: Antivirus, Firewall, IPSec, LAN & WLAN Security.
- Excellent troubleshooting capability;
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving attitude;
- Process and procedure oriented;
- Strong desire for continuous technical development;
- Good communication skills;
- Team player attitude;
- Ability to work in a time-pressured and demanding environment;
- Willingness to take initiatives, hands on and result driven;
- Focus on time management and organization skills while multitasking;
- Ability to communicate problems/issues in a non-technical manner;
- Proficiency in English.
What other skills would also go great with this job:
- Knowledge of Linux Ubuntu LTS 12-18 Unix;
- Previous successful customer service experience;
- French language (not mandatory, but a definite plus).
At Pentalog, you will find:
- Integration in a community with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- Challenging projects and the opportunity to work within both a professional and friendly environment;
- A ‘team-building policy’, reinforced with the help of various sports events (running, football, biking etc);
- Meal tickets and Private Health Insurance;
- A flexible schedule that includes one day of work-from-home/week;
- Training sessions, certifications and foreign language courses;
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.
Want to find out what’s really going on in Pentalog Cluj?
Pentalog is a leading European Software Services company, operating internationally in Romania, France, Moldova, Vietnam, UK and Germany. Our company employs over 1,200 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural working environment, where talents and ambitions are recognized & rewarded. Here, you can be sure you will have plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual, as well as a professional.