Lab Engineer job in Bucharest
Our client is a leading international semiconductor company who has been present on the Romanian market since 2016.
This top manufacturer and supplier in the Automotive, Security and IoT fields is highly innovative, dealing with some of the most well-known, breakthrough technologies in the industry. Its projects include secure connected vehicles, smart connected solutions and end-to-end security and privacy tools.
Your role as a Lab Engineer will be to manage a critical piece of infrastructure required for the durability of the software deliverables. This infrastructure consists of hardware and software that need to perform as an entity, a high availability system: no down time, distributed model, audited access, scalability ensured.
The lab accommodates hardware equipment used to test the software products that are being continuously developed. The software products are interfaced with the lab via a reservation software that needs to be made available. Your main mission is to grow and maintain this laboratory infrastructure.
The Lab Engineer responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Manage the Automotive lab activities in terms of access (e.g. interfaces with users and software), expansions according to developing demands, maintenance;
- Collaborate with the software teams to understand their needs;
- Develop prototypes and produce lab solutions.
Our ideal candidate would be:
- A hands-on engineer willing to work with both hardware and software to create a highly available solution for the testing needs of the software teams;
- An engineer with system overview experience, willing to improve existing solutions in terms of distributed access, speed and usability;
- A lab engineer who is constantly concerned with improving the status quo through innovative solutions, interested in providing quality;
- A person with a critical mindset towards himself/herself and the work of people around;
- Someone with a high degree of self-organization, who can cope with task variation and the interaction with stakeholders.
- Previous interaction with hardware infrastructure in a production environment;
- Basic level of scripting (e.g. Python, Bash);
- Fluency in English.
It would also be appreciated to have:
- Debugging and patching hardware skills;
- Basic networking know-how.
Want to test your Python skills and add the results to your profile?
- Flexible work schedule (no kidding!);
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics;
- Challenging projects and a great opportunity to work within a professional, friendly and multicultural environment;
- An Agile enabled workplace: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- The possibility to bring your own creative and innovative ideas to life;
- Career development: highly supported and encouraged;
- Competitive salaries and bonuses;
- Training/ certifications and language courses;
- Team buildings with great colleagues (friendly sports competitions, company parties and events);
- Private Health Insurance and meal tickets.
A leading IT services provider, operating internationally in Romania, France, Moldova, Vietnam, Germany, the US and Mexico. The company employs over 1,000 engineers and IT experts who work in a very dynamic, multicultural environment, where your talents and ambitions are recognized and rewarded and where you will have plenty of opportunities to develop as an individual and as a professional.
Find out more about our company.