Linux Software Engineer, Bucharest
Job no longer available
We are looking for a highly innovative and passionate Linux Software Engineer to join our software team in developing advanced software components for next generation automotive systems. The client is a company with Dutch roots, a leader when it comes to manufacturing and supplying semiconductors for the Automotive, Security and IoT fields.
The project is targeted for next generation platforms on Gateway and Autonomous Drive.
As a Linux Engineer, you will become an expert in Automotive software development and proficient with Automotive standards, as well as learn the basics of Automotive applications and next generation trends.
- Do up-streaming and become known in the Open Source community;
- Face the challenges and opportunities which appear when you build a Linux based operating system that runs in a car;
- Take part in the implementation of Linux BSPs for Advance Driving and Assurance Systems, including Vision and Autonomous Drive.
- Advanced C programming skills;
- Experience in Linux programming;
- Experience in debugging hardware and low level software (device drivers, real-time OS etc.);
- Experience with source control (GIT) and change control tools;
- Good command of the English language (both in speaking & writing).
The following skills are considered a plus:
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel Programming;
- Knowledge of specific automotive applications;
- Knowledge of ARM Architecture and assembly;
- Experience debugging hardware and low level software (device drivers, real-time OS etc.);
- Knowledge of Linux networking stacks and drivers.
- Healthcare benefits (Private Medical Insurance, various extra medical advantages);
- A more active lifestyle with the help of our PentaSport activities;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Meal vouchers;
- Mentorship programs;
- Access to a technology roadmap;
- Full support to upgrade yourself (conferences and certifications);
- New-born maternity grant;
- Flexible work schedule, with one day of WFH/week;
- A front-row seat to PentaBARs – our after-work tech events with a twist.
Pentalog is the European leader on the IT engineering and consulting services market, operating in 7 countries in Europe, America and Asia.
We offer a wide range of IT services that cover the various needs of companies, whatever their size, field of activity or country, including: E-commerce, IoT, software publishers, M2M, tourism, telecommunications etc.