Product Owner, Cluj Napoca
Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing FinTech startup, founded in 2014 in London. They created the world’s first cloud-based collateral management workflow tool, which has earned twelve different industry awards since 2015 for innovation and best-in-class technology.
The firm’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model is helping many of the leading financial institutions globally – including exchanges, brokerage firms, banks, asset management firms and insurance companies – meet time-critical regulatory deadlines and reduce costs associated with collateral requirements that are growing dramatically.
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Owner to work closely with designers and engineers in supporting and managing the software development process.
What you’ll do as a Product Owner:
- Lead requirements gathering effort based on Product/Program Management input;
- Be responsible for writing user stories, acceptance criteria, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, producing release plans and epic roadmaps, running show and tells and producing release communications and tracking benefits realization;
- be accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for development projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible;
- Maintain the written ‘source of truth’: documented user stories recording the agreed requirements of all product owners and stakeholders to enable traceability and re-use;
- Contribute to the creation of business cases for potential projects and the roadmap planning of committed development work;
- Perform change management through product and sprint backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Work with the User Experience department to produce detailed user journeys and designs for implementation;
- Keep Technology management, Program, Product Management and other stakeholders well informed of the status of development requirements and scope and manage their expectations;
- Communicate and enforce requirements specification standards
- Understand the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the end consumer and to the business;
- Consistently create high-quality well-documented, easily sustained deliverables and documentation;
- Understand and balance commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities;
- Provide knowledge transfer to new joiners and other internal stakeholders.
Find out an impressive career story from a fellow Product Owner from Pentalog.
At Pentalog, you will find:
- Integration in a community with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning;
- Challenging projects and the opportunity to work within both a professional and friendly environment;
- A ‘team-building policy’, reinforced with the help of various sports events (running, football, biking etc);
- Meal tickets and Private Health Insurance;
- A flexible schedule that includes one day of work-from-home/week;
- Training sessions, certifications and foreign language courses;
- The chance to improve your hard and soft skills through workshops, knowledge sharing sessions and presentations on multiple IT-related topics.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner;
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban
- Knowledge of the financial industry, specifically collateral management would be a plus;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- A proactive mindset;
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Track record of successful software product development.
Pentalog’s business model focuses on providing an IT Services Platform (software development, digital marketing, IT recruitment and financing) that cover the entire scope of digital challenges a company of any size can encounter.
Our customers come from various locations worldwide and are blue chips, new leaders as well as startups seeking for new IT dev spots and true marketing technologists.