Solution Architect, Bucharest
For one of the world’s largest American technology companies, Pentalog is looking for a Solution Architect with 10+ years of experience in telecommunications services and architectural frameworks.
This position fits individuals with extensive knowledge of methodologies who can successfully deliver customer projects with beneficial business value by architecting effective information systems solutions that address the customer’s business problems, needs and opportunities.
We have put in place a remote recruiting process because the health and safety of our candidates, as well as our employees, remain our number one priority.
What is this position all about?
The specialist we are looking for will have multiple responsibilities:
– The architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of IT based solutions.
– Original solutions and simplifying when feasible to improve maintainability;
– Technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations.
– With both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution;
– With project managers to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures and to ensure effective and efficient development, delivery, deployment, operation and support of these Integrated solutions.
– Designing, implementing and maintaining application components to meet the business requirements;
– Business impact of specific technologies/strategies;
– Quality, security and compliance requirements are met;
– Code quality standards;
– Preparation and maintenance of documentation for all stages of development work;
– Review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects;
– Technical consultation and support in the development of automation solutions;
– Solving technical or operational risks;
– All application or technical environments meet performance requirements.
- The candidate must have knowledge of Telecom architecture components and development expertise, as well as experience in working with telecom protocols used in IMS and pre-IMS (2G/3G/4G) telecom networks like INAP, CAMEL, MAP, SMPP, SIP ISC, Diameter and used for building call control and charging control network applications and VAS (Value Added Services);
- Proven experience as software architect in Integration, Network and IT projects;
- Experience in developing on telecom application servers architecture like HPE TAS, OpenCloud, Mobicents, Oracle OCCAS, or similar;
- Capability to cover SW development tasks, beside architecture & design – when and if needed;
- Distributed Architectures;
- Application Integration;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases concepts and decision support tool;
- Experience in designing distributed fault-tolerant architectures that include SQL and no-SQL databases like (but not limited to): Volt DB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, Maria DB, EDB, Redis, MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra, CouchDB etc;
- Good knowledge of OOP concepts and experience in designing applications developed in Java, J2EE, UML, Java Script;
- Experience in designing applications on top of various telecom application servers and running them with 99.999% availability in live telecom operator networks;
- Excellent standard of English Language both verbal and written;
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity;
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modelling methods and tools;
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications;
- Strong supporter of the professional development framework for his/her profession and use the knowledge and best practice derived from his/her professional associations to the benefit of the customers;
- Ability to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modelling, and general aspects of business contracts;
- Use his/her knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations;
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements (“trusted advisor” role).
- Competitive salary and bonuses;
- Private Health Insurance and meal tickets;
- A multicultural, friendly work environment;
- French, German and English courses;
- Free pass to learning platforms (O’Reilly, Safary Books, Pluralsight, Raywenderlich, MindTools);
- Great career development opportunities;
- The possibility to bring your own creative and innovative ideas to life;
- Working in a company with an Agile mindset: continuous knowledge sharing and validated learning.
Pentalog is a global full-stack IT service platform, designed to support digital and tech businesses throughout their product lifecycle: design, development, marketing, and funding.
As the number one coding force for digital start-ups, we operate in Romania, France, Moldova, Vietnam, Germany, UK, the US and Mexico. Our 500 European and North American clients appreciate our Agile, Lean, and DevOps best practices that help them in building up product value.